WORDS TO LIVE BY

"IT'S All IN THE SAUCE"
Live Simply
Love Generously
Care Deeply
Speak Kindly
& leave the rest to God

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Junk or Treasure?

After leaving chatanooga we drove up Signal Mountain towards the yard sale route. As we came around the bend, lo and behold we saw this house - crazy.


This is my first purchase of the day - "Stretchy the Ostritch" I got him for a mere $1.00. What a great deal.


Sue's first purchase of the day is a 1971 original pillsbury doughboy.


Look who we saw while we were treasure hunting - HGTV filming their segment for the 2010 longest yard sale show. Of course they asked us to be in the show, but we declined because we simply don't have time for their shenanigans because we need to move on to more yard sales and more treasure hunts!






As you all remember last year I received 2 free items and Sue received none. Well, today I received my first free item. That's right. You heard correctly. Cindy my new best friend (sorry Shari) was kind enough to give me my first free item of the week.
.....Sue...better luck tomorrow....


If you know Sue then you know that Sue sometimes loses things. Well, today she lost her cell phone. That's right. But, good thing - she remembered very quickly - and found it after about 7 minutes! Hurray! Tomorrow she promises not to lose her phone. And I believe her.


My newest best friend (sorry Shari and Cindy)- I really like her because she let's me do all the talking.





Due to a surprise storm we were FORCED into this establishment...while inside 2 nail technicians massaged our feet and painted our toenails...the things we have to endure while we wait out the stormy Tennessee weather....





Once we endured this Nice nails establishment we were on our way again. Crossville was our destination for the night.
We decided to eat at Cracker Barrel. While waiting for our table we noticed the entire porch covered with rockers which we took advantage of (nice). The food at cracker barrel is great - home cooked food - just like at home (except not like at our homes). Sorry Bob and Darren.


Well, good night y'all -

Location:Starview Ln,Chattanooga,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment